Great gift ideas for the foodies on your list this holiday season, 2013
What’s Hot For the Holidays: For Foodies
What do you get for that person on your list that has everything but the kitchen sink? Get them something for the kitchen. Food is always a great gift during the holidays. It comes in all sizes, fits all styles and you can never get enough of it. Foodies love kitchen gadgets and Mt Washington Valley is filled with finds for foodies. Read on for plenty of ideas for your foodie friends, then pack the bags and head to Mt Washington Valley for a culinary caper.
- Start your search for the foodies on your list at Stonewall Kitchen. Not only will you find a wide variety of sauces, jams, mustards, dips, and mixes here, but you’ll be treated to tastings too. This is one of the few Stonewall Kitchen outlet locations, so you’ll also find plenty of marked down food finds here too. There are some very fun kitchen gadgets in this store too. You’ll definitely want to spend some time here.
- Don’t forget Lindt Chocolate Shop, next door to Stonewall Kitchen. Again, plan on a tasting here too. Mix and match different flavored truffles; you’ll get 75 truffles for $25 throughout the holiday season.
- Kitchen Collection is just filled with great ideas for foodies. Try some of the new eco-friendly green life pans, a great non-stick and healthy alternative to Teflon. There’s a huge collection of “seen it on TV” gadgets here, along with plenty of $2 and $5 foodie stocking stuffers. We loved the apron collection here too – sure to get a laugh.
- Visit Waterford Wedgwood Royal Doulton for a very unusual and elegant collection of Tea Forté teas. You’ll surely find a lovely tea pot and tea cups or mugs to match here too.
- How about a motorized grill brush from Brookstone Outlet for the grillmaster on your list?
- If the foodie friends on your list love the Thanksgiving feast, you can bring Thanksgiving to their home year round. Yankee Candle offers three candle fragrances they’ll love – Thanksgiving Stuffing, Pumpkin Pie and Turkey & Stuffing candles will make every foodie smile!
- If you’ll be seeing your foodie soon, stop by the White Mountain Cupcakery’s new store at Settlers’ Green and pick up dessert for the evening. If you’re still hungry after that, visit Brandli’s Pizza for a pitcher of beer and some wings or a slice of pizza!
- BAM! in Settlers’ Crossing has a nice selection of cookbooks and foodie calendars.
- If your foodie also loves the outdoors, visit the Eastern Mountain Sports store, also in Settlers’ Crossing for a nice selection of MRI’s (freeze dried dinners) that’ll fill the stomach nicely during camping trips.
- After a day of shopping, stop by Applebee’s at Settlers’ Green or Black Cap Grille at Settlers’ Crossing to celebrate all the foodie finds you found, then top off the list with a gift certificate to one of the restaurants for your foodie’s stocking.
Treasures for Chefs and Foodies from North Conway Village, and The Shops at Norcross Circle and Eastern Slope Inn Plaza
- Start at the Handcrafters Pink Barn and cottage where you’ll find a wide variety of specialty foods from kitchens throughout New England. Here you may also stumble upon handmade pot holders, towels and more for the kitchen.
- Your next stop on the foodie finding tour is Bavarian Chocolate Haus where you can actually watch staff making the chocolates found in the store. You’ll cash in on everything from maple candy to chocolate gifts for the boss, truffles and even sugar-free candy here too.
- Stop by Chef’s Market of North Conway if you have a tea-lover on your list. There’s a lovely collection of teas, tea pots and mugs here. While you’re here, be sure to check out all the ready-made dinners. Your foodie friends and relatives would surely love a gift certificate from Chef’s market and the chance to let Chef’s Market make a gourmet dinner for them one night.
- Across the street plan plenty of time to spend in Zeb’s General Store, housing the largest collection of specialty foods in the country! From everything maple to an enormous collection of hot sauces and salsa’s you’ll find just what you need for the person who can stand plenty of zing. Next, try to mixes – everything from cupcakes to soups are here. Kitchen gadgets –they have the best ones, including that signature egg separator where the whites come through the nose! There’s even a whole collection of left-handed mugs for the South Paw on your list! We thought the wild game beef jerky might make a great treat for the guys too.
- Both the North Conway Five & Dime and Zeb’s General Store offer up a fabulously nostalgic “penny” candy counter. You’ll find plenty of sweet treats for all the foodies on the list including some throwbacks to your childhood days, like Sugar Daddies and Jawbreakers.
- The Penguin Gallery of NH has a nice collection of drink mixes under the “Bitch Bag” label. They’re powdered drinks for the blender with a very funny tongue-in-cheek description – perfect as a hostess gift. Also, be sure to stop by the NH Wine Room in the back, featuring a selection of New Hampshire-made wines and wine gifts for the wine enthusiast on your list!
- Of course everyone loves Ben & Jerry’s in Norcross Circle. Stop by there for a cone and pick up a gift certificate for the foodie on your list.
- Sawyer River Knife and Trading Co in Norcross Circle is the perfect spot for kitchen-krazy fun! There’s a full line of quality cutlery and kitchen knives in the store, plus tons of fabulous kitchen gadgets and cookware. We loved the colorful freezer "crushed" cups, shaped to fit in the hand perfectly. There’s just so much to choose from in here, it’s a virtual foodie find!
- Here’s an idea! Got a wine enthusiast on your list? Stop by the Vintner’s Cellar Winery in the Tarberry building and taste some of the wines on hand or work with them to blend a customized wine for you. You’ll design your own label and voila! A totally personalized wine customized just for the way your wine enthusiast loves it.
- You’ll find the White Mountain Cupcakery’s original shop near the Mount Washington Observatory’s Weather Discovery Center in North Conway Village too. Be sure to stop by for a snack or a take-home dessert.
When your day is done, plan to stay for a second day of tax-free shopping. Mt Washington Valley offers plenty of great shop and stay packages. Be sure to visit www.mtwashingtonvalley.org to plan your shopping getaway, or call 1-800-367-3364 (800-DO-SEE-NH) for advice on where to stay and where that special foodie find can be found!
# # #