Welcome to Mt Washington Valley, New England's premier snow sports playground. Here we're all about the snow! The 13 ski resorts and XC Centers in Mt Washington Valley are all within a half-hour of North Conway, named among the top 25 ski towns in the world by National Geographic in 2012 and the #1 Affordable Ski Town by TripAdvisor in 2012 and 2013. We've recently been named among the best towns for ski bums too! It's all here.
Sign up for About The Snow newsletter by clicking here.
SCROLL DOWN FOR NEWS & OFFERS FROM MT WASHINGTON VALLEY'S
SKI RESORTS & XC CENTERS
|Alpine Skiing||Nordic Skiing||Sleigh Rides||Snowmobiling||Ice Skating|
|Ice Climbing||Dog Sledding||Tubing||Winter Events|
Click logos below
for snow reports
Alpine Ski Resorts
WHAT’S NEW AT MT WASHINGTON VALLEY SKI RESORTS, 2015-16
As we gear up for the next ski season, all eyes are on what’s new for the upcoming winter. From improvements in snowmaking to new events, Mt Washington Valley’s ski resorts and XC Centers are stoked for another great season. With help from Ski NH, our partners in promoting skiing in the Valley and throughout New Hampshire, we’ve compiled a list of what’s new on the Mt Washington Valley ski scene. Be sure to visit www.SkiMWV.com, a one-stop website to access all 13 of Mt Washington Valley’s ski resorts.
Ski Mt Washington Valley
•Addition of a new intermediate glade, which has been a favorite off-map destination for skiers and riders for years.
• Improvements to summit chair and snowmaking equipment
• New Competition Center for junior aspiring racers.
• Addition of 15 new HKD SV 10 snowmaking tower guns along the Cascade trail
Cranmore Mountain Resort
• For 2016 the weekly event, Cranapalooza, will receive a whole new format. Visitors on Saturday nights will find a DJ in Schneider Square, outdoor games and activities, tubing racing, s’mores, fire dancers, magicians and clowns on select nights.
• Additional new snow guns added to fleet
Great Glen Trails
• Numerous trail improvements throughout the trail network.
• Free XC ski waxing clinics will be available every Saturday at 9:30am throughout the season.
•New trailhead on Valley Cross Road improving access to the Wave (Jackson XC’s international race course), snowshoeing and recreation trails.
•New Events including the Cross Cat Touring Challenge with Wildcat Mountain on February 28, the Baxter Brewing Co. Packed Powder series (Winter Triathlon) January 9 , and NENSA Women’s Day on January 24.
King Pine & Purity Spring Resort
•Greatly expanded opportunities for learning
•Private lessons featuring video analysis of students’ skiing by certified instructors.
• Ski with a Race Coach Adult clinic program.
• Women’s Tuesday Afternoon program. Meet others in a relaxed, women-only setting.
• Private and group lessons for kids as young as 3 are now offered.