This is what winter in New Hampshire is all about! 7 Alpine ski resorts and 6 Nordic ski and snowshoe centers open up, along with snowmobiling, sleigh riding, ice climbing, skating, and dog sledding just to name a few winter fun choices. With mountains high and low, mixed terrain and powder, you can either live on the edge or in between. You know how the saying goes…”if you can ski the East, you can ski anywhere.” Our weather patterns offer a wide variety of terrain that gives you the perfect combination of testing your limits and then letting you enjoy them. Go ahead, be that person who knows how to do it all from breaking new ground snowshoeing, having the perfect stride in Nordic skiing, facing down any peak on skis or a snowboard or having the perfect pitch in directing a sled full of dogs. You’ll have stories to take back to your office and memories to cherish with your family. The surprise isn’t in our area’s range of activities, but also in yourself with what you accomplish.
As if the white fluffy stuff wasn't good enough, North Conway was rated among the top 25 ski towns in the world by National Geographic! It also made the list in these noteworthy publications:
· North Conway topped the list of favorite destination villages in Snow East’s reader Survey
· Men’s Journal named North Conway among the ten coolest mountain towns in the USA
· National Geographic Adventure named North Conway among the Top 30 action packed regions of the country
· The Great Towns of America, a guidebook by David and Joan Vokac, claimed North Conway as one of the top 100 vacation towns in the country.
· TripAdvisor named North Conway the most affordable ski destination in the Northeast and the #2 most affordable in the USA.