2617 White Mountain Highway
North Conway Village, NH
OPPORTUNITIES FOR YOUNG PROFESSIONALS IN THE VALLEY:
STAY MWV Mission:
To attract and retain a vibrant and engaged young professional presence in the Mt Washington Valley
Click to watch Brendon William's interview on White Mountains TV!
Babson Graduates Going Home To Help
The MWV Young Professional Network was established in 2007 to offer opportunities and resources for the Valley's young professionals to connect with their peers and get involved in the community. The efforts of STAY MWV to encourage them to establish themselves in Mt Washington Valley, NH began in 2016.
With a razor sharp mission of providing opportunities, advocacy and financial assistance for young professionals the STAY MWV Committee has established a strong program of work which includes:
1. Establish and fundraise for the Student Debt Scholarship.
2. Implement and serve on the Governor's Millennial Advisory
Council in an effort to advocate for the needs of young
professionals wishing to make their home in NH.
2017 Annual Report
3. Provide opportunities for young professional entrepreneurs to
receive mentoring and financial assistance through
"Start Tank" a collaborative effort between the MWVEC,
SCORE and STAY MWV.
Student Entrepreneur of the Year - awarded to a
student 21 or under or a student group who:
- Demonstrates innovation and creativity in business for real world application
- Demonstrates a vision with a plan to grow a business that fills a community or market-place need
- Is persistent, committed and follows through on commitments made
Past Recipients include
2015 HJC Mobil Diesel & Welding Repair Hayden Cyr
2014 Trenton's Lawn Care Services Trenton L'Heruex
2013 SMILE Lip Gloss Logan Leavitt
2012 Tyler's Snowplowing
Contact Trevor Sullivan for information
4. Local advocacy among the 28 communities that make up the
Mt Washington Valley area.
5. Board service referrals for graduates of Leadership MWV.
RESOURCES FOR THE YOUNG PROFESSIONALS
- STAY WORK PLAY New Hampshire
- STAY MWV MINUTES (stay tuned)
JESSICA WRIGHT NAMED TO UNION LEADER 40 UNDER 40
120 young professionals have graduated from Leadership MWV. Many of them currently serve on many of the non-profit boards serving Carroll County, NH and Oxford County, Maine.
Please feel free to review the roster below when looking for new board members and contact them through their email.
Scholarships are supported by:
North Conway Rotary Club - $1,000
MWV Kiwanis - $3,000 reserved for an educator
Mountain Garden Club - $1,000 reserved for professionals pursuing a career in environmental endavors, farming, advocacy for protecting our outdoor landscapes
Conway Area Lions Club - $1,000
Stay MWV - fundraising efforts supplement above levels
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO DONATE
Contact Brendan Williams if your local scholarship program would like to get involved.