Find great ideas for kids holiday gifts in tax-free Mt Washington Valley.
What’s hot for the holidays for kids this year?
Kids are always so much fun to shop for during the holidays. Full of wonder, the holidays are all about bringing smiles to the faces of the younger set. From infant to “tweenager” North Conway is packed with ideas for toys, apparel and goodies that the kids will love. Here are a few great ideas for places to go for holiday gifts for kids.
In North Conway Village:
- The Rugged Mill in North Conway Village is filled with great kid’s ideas from slippers to stuffed animals.
- Nearby, the Beggar’s Pouch offers up some unique “Snuggie Sneakers” for those just learning how to walk.
- The Penguin Gallery of New Hampshire carries a full line of Natural Life pillows, key chains and journals for those older kids who love a more bohemian look. You’ll also find a full selection of learning toys, finger puppets, puzzles, puppets and pirate stuff for kids of all ages here.
- The North Conway Five and Dime offers up a wide range of stocking stuffers from rubber balls to plastic animals, vintage wind-up toys, games and candy too.
- You won’t want to miss the candy selection at Zeb’s General Store. The old fashioned penny candy counter plus many candy novelties will certainly bring back memories of sweet days past. There’s also a wide selection of toys, balsa airplanes, books, and stuffed animals that’ll bring hours of imaginary play for your child.
- Just about anything you find in the Toy Chest will be a hit over the holidays for the kids on your list. For the budding scientist there is a wide selection of science kits and there’s also a full selection of Playmobile products here too. Ask about their great selection of Advent Calendars here too, many that will last for year-after-year.
- The gift shop at the Weather Discovery Center offers some great one-of-a-kind gifts and books for your budding meteorologists.
- You won’t be able to resist the Piggy Paint for your kids this holiday at The Funky Bubble. It’s about as natural as mud, but much more colorful! It’s also a non-toxic, odorless and eco-friendly way to paint just about everything.
- Is ski or snowboard gear or apparel on your child’s list? Look for a wide selection of last year’s gear and clothing on sale at Joe Jones Sun and Ski Sports along with what’s hot for in gear, apparel and accessories for this ski winter too. Bob and Terry’s Ski Outlet is also a great stop for kids gear and apparel. Olympia Sports not only carries ski and outdoor apparel, but also a wide range of sneakers and clothing for basketball and more. And Red Jersey Cyclery has what you need for your little ones’ bikes too.
- Visit the Conway Scenic Railroad for the Santa Express or Polar Express and be sure to pay a visit to the gift shop for all sorts of train toys and books for that little girl or boy who loves to ride and play with the choo choo.
- Looking for a new lunchbox for your little one? The Chef’s Market of North Conway has the most adorable collection of metal lunch boxes for the kiddos on your list!
- The Bavarian Chocolate Haus is a child’s heaven. Watch the staff created everything from fudge to gooey turtles as you shop for candy novelties. If the kids play sports, why not get them the ball of their sport created from chocolate. Chocolate baseballs, basketballs, even hockey pucks will bring a smile to that young athlete’s face.
At Settlers’ Green Outlet Village & Settlers’ Crossing
- If shoes or boots are on your child’s list this holiday season, head straight to Settlers’ Green for a huge selection. You’ll find great deals on shoes of all kids, from athletic to party shoes here. For Sneakers try Adidas, Reebok, New Balance and Nike. Famous Footwear has a full selection of all kinds of shoes for the kids and so does the Stride Rite Outlet. Looking for glittery party shoes for your little girl? Old Navy, Justice and Gap will be great stops. And for the ultimate in fur-lined warmth, hit the Crocs Outlet, for a wide choice of colors in furry and regular Croc shoes. Journey’s not only has the hottest in shoes like Vans, Converse and Doc Martens for the older kids, but they also have a wide selection of colored laces to match the outfit!
- For babies, Carter’s, Gymboree and OshKosh B'Gosh offer up everything from onesies to party dresses, shoes, pants, shirts, overalls and much more.
- The Children’s Place is a one-stop spot for everything in apparel for babies to “tweens”. From 2 months to size 14, you’ll find rugged and stylish boys and girls apparel here.
- For older kids, look to Justice, Gap and Old Navy for stylish clothing, jewelry and accessories.
- Here’s the perfect idea for parents and grandparents: Start a tradition by giving your child one of the collectible angels of the month from Waterford Wedgwood Royal Dalton. The store has a number of collectible lines that are perfect for building on year-after-year. Start or maintain a collection and you’ll have a gift that will be passed down from generation to generation.
- Everyone needs socks in the winter! You’ll find everything from fundamental to funky and fun socks for kids at Gold Toe. Another option for socks, underwear, PJs and sweatshirts/pants for the kids is the Hanesbrands/Champion outlet too. Jockey and Maidenform also carry some children’s underwear.
- Right next door, don’t miss Toys R Us Express, filled with all the Legos, dress up, dolls, trucks, games and hot holiday toys for the kids. This is a great spot for stocking stuffers and “under $5” gifts too.
- Claire’s carries tons of bling for girls and some for boys too. Pick up glitzy funky jewelry, hair accessories, cell phone cases and more here and at Rue 21 too.
- Is your child a sports fan? Visit Lids for a full selection of sports team hats or create your own hat for him or her here. Lids can embroider anything you want on a wide selection of hats. In fact, bring anything you want personalized to Lids (even if you didn’t buy it there) and their skilled staff can embroider it for you.
- Here’s an idea! Head to the Brookstone Outlet for Sänd. It’s 98-percent sand and 2-percent polymer, so it sticks together for molding and sculpting, but is easy to clean up. Kids think it’s fun, parents love the easy clean-up!
- Across the street at Settlers’ Crossing, try BAM! (Books and Music) for a wide selection of books and calendars for the younger ones on your list.
- L.L. Bean at Settlers’ Crossing offers a wide selection of warm hats, gloves and parkas or coats, not to mention pants, dresses, shirts and shoes for kids too – all at outlet prices.
North Conway offers such a wide variety of gifts for kids, make it your one-stop shopping spot this holiday season. For more information and a full list of places to shop, visit www.mtwashingtonvalley.org or call 1-800-DO-SEE-NH (800-367-3364) for information on taking a shopping getaway to North Conway this holiday season.