Special Deals and What's New at Ski Resorts - 2007-08
|With early snowfall, Mt. Washington Valley's 13 Alpine and Nordic Ski Resorts are poised for a fabulous season. Read on for what's new at Mt Washington Valley Ski Resorts plus great deals offered throughout the ski season.|
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contacts: Gretchen Heilshorn, 603.205.5828; firstname.lastname@example.org or Marti Mayne, 207-846-6331; email@example.com
Ski Mt. Washington Valley - What's New and Special Deals for 2007-2008
As of Nov. 1, 2007
Mt. Washington Valley Midweek Ski Pass: www.skimwv.com Once again, Mt. Washington Valley ski resorts and XC Centers will offer a midweek ticket honored at 12 of the 13 ski resorts and XC Centers in Mt. Washington Valley (not including Attitash) Monday through Friday (non-holiday) from opening day, 2007 to closing day, 2008 at each resort (not valid Not Valid Christmas week, 12/25/07 to 1/1/08 or February Vacation Week 2/18/08 - 2/22/08). The ticket will entitle the bearer to a midweek all-day lift ticket at six of the seven Mt. Washington Valley ski resorts (Black Mountain, Bretton Woods, Cranmore, King Pine, Shawnee Peak or Wildcat) or a trail pass, equipment rental and group lesson at six Cross Country Centers (Bear Notch Ski Touring, Bretton Woods XC Center, Great Glen Trails, Jackson Ski Touring, King Pine XC and MWV XC Ski & Snowshoe Center). However, you won't find this ticket available for sale at any ticket window. The Midweek Ski Pass is available only through lodging properties in Mt. Washington Valley. More than 35 properties from B&Bs to condo rentals have signed on to package the midweek ski pass, giving overnight guests the option to stay and ski at any 12 ski resorts and XC Centers in Mt Washington Valley. For more information, visit www.skimwv.com.
- Snowmaking is underway. Attitash fired up 50 guns on Oct. 29. Under the new ownership and leadership of Peak Resorts Inc., a $2.5 million snowmaking enhancement was added.
Black Mountain www.blackmt.com
- Black Mountain Family Passport: Valid all holiday periods. Two adults and two juniors (Ages 6-17) can ski for $99.00 any day - $79 Midweek.
Bretton Woods www.brettonwoods.com
- Snowmaking is underway as of Oct. 29. Family Interchangeable Tickets: Now Mom and Dad can each go skiing for the price of one. While Dad hangs out with the little ones in the Base Lodge, Mom can take to the slopes. And then when she returns, they can switch off. At any ticket window, Mom and Dad may purchase two identical tickets at the single-ticket price. Only one may be used at any given time. Regular full-day daily ticket pricing applies. Mother's Day Tuesdays: $115 ($174 value): Includes a lift ticket and all-day Hobbit Ski or Snowboard program or Nursery for one child during non-holiday periods. Add a group lesson for $10. Two-For-One Wednesdays: Two ski or ride for $59, plus two take a 90 minute group lesson for only $35 during non-holiday periods! Senior Thursdays: $45 ($60 value): The package includes a lift ticket and 90-minute group lesson during non-holiday periods.
Cranmore Mountain www.cranmore.com
- Happy Trails Passholders can "bring a buddy" Monday through Friday (non-holiday) and their friend will receive 50% off their lift ticket for that day. 1 friend per passholder; adult ticket only; cannot be combined with other offers. Opening day is scheduled for Saturday, Dec. 8.* Tubing is scheduled to open Friday, Nov. 23. * Winter events include 70th Anniversary Celebrations and Biodiesel Days, featuring free skiing for the driver of any hybrid vehicle. Cranapalooza returns with festivities each Saturday from 2-9 p.m. Arctic Blast Tubing Park Expands Hours: Expanded hours to include Thursday evenings. New Unlimited Snow Tubing Season Pass for only $89. * All operations are weather dependent.
Great Glen Trails www.greatglentrails.com
- 2 for 1 Fridays: All season long, buy one and get the second free*: Trail passes, SnowCoach, snow tubing, rentals...even the Trails Total Ticket. *In order to take advantage of 2 for 1 Fridays, you must present a coupon. Download it, print it out online at www.greatglentrails.com. For more information, call 603.466.2333. Every Friday. Season passes purchased before November 25 save $25 off regular rates. Winter Season Passes are valid for cross country skiing, snowshoeing and snow tubing every day of the 2007/2008 winter season at Great Glen Trails . Additional pass holder benefits include: 10% off everything at Great Glen Outfitters (in-stock, non-sale items), free use of demo equipment, discounts on entry fees to Nordic Meisters and other winter programs and free use of showers.
Jackson XC www.jacksonxc.com
- Special 2-Ski-Away Wednesdays: Two adult ski passes for the price of one (excluding 12/26, 2/13 & 2/20). Special "Super Saver Package": A one day equipment rental package, a 1-hour beginner's lesson and a one day membership which gives you use of all the trails all day for only $39 (save 15%)
King Pine www.kingpine.com
- The new KP4 Ticket: Any King Pine alpine ticket is good for Alpine skiing/riding, XC skiing, ice skating and snowshoeing during the valid times on that ticket! ??Due to weather and conditions, it is best to call ahead to check conditions. King Pine is offering early season pass deals that can save you as much as 20% off the regular rate. Rates will return to "regular" on Nov. 19. Passes for the family: The more you buy, the more you save. Take 10% off the early season price (before 11/18) with the purchase of 3 or more passes in the same family. King Pine season passes are now available for "Teens" and "Juniors," allowing bigger savings for young families. Multi-day savings! Save 10% when you purchase multi-day lift tickets. For instance, buy lift tickets for two consecutive days at $39 each and save $7.80 off the total. Offer valid on all lifts, all day tickets and can be applied to consecutive day lift tickets only.
Shawnee Peak www.shawneepeak.com
- New pass: TRIFECTA Season Pass (No blackouts) -- Ski every Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday with no blackout dates all season. Includes night skiing (9 a.m. to 9 p.m.)
- 100% Wind Power: Shawnee Peak is dedicated to limiting its impact on the planet Earth. To that end, Shawnee Peak has entered into an agreement with New Wind Energy. Shawnee Peak will offset 100% of the fossil fuels the mountain uses for snowmaking, heat and lights with wind power. New Wind Energy will use Shawnee Peak's contribution to maintain existing wind farms and add new power to the national electric grid network. Wildcat Mountain www.skiwildcat.com 50th anniversary season
Wildcat Mountain offers a slate of WILD DEALS:
- Wildcard: Pay for two tickets ($118) and get a third free (purchase by Dec. 21) 3 for $118 Free skiing on your birthday. Proper identification is required. for this offer, but it is valid any operating day. Full-time college students are invited to ski at the teen lift ticket rate. A college season pass rate is also offered. Sunday PM Cruise: Ski and ride from noon to close ($20). AristoCat Tuesdays: Age 50+ get $10-off, plus free 10 a.m. lesson, lunch ($49/non-holiday). Two-Fer Wednesday: 2 people ski or ride all day for $59, non-holiday ($29.50 pp). Other specials: With your Season Pass: 10% Discount in retail shop and rental, tuning and repair Season pass holders' new benefit: Wildcat Ski Care Plan - leave skis overnight or each week throughout the season for continuous maintenance for $169.
To learn more about skiing in Mt. Washington Valley, visit www.SkiMWV.com. For vacation planning information, visit www.mtwashingtonvalley.org or call 1-800-367-3364. * * *